Gambling in Prince Edward Island (PEI)
Read the real players’ reviews about Casinos in PEI, Canada. Write your own review, rate the casino, ask a question yourself and get an answer.
Is the Gambing Legal in Prince Edward Island?
Prince Edward Island allows to play the residents from the age of 19. An interesting feature is “racino”, a hybrid of a casino and a betting tote. Private lotteries and state online lotteries are allowed as well.
So, the gambling is legal in the province.
History of the gambling in Prince Edward Island
The history of the casino here starts with the Red Shores Racetrack and Casino that was opened in Charlottetown on Sunday. 4 October 2007.
The Red Shores Racetrack Casino Entertainment Centre is a subsidiary of the main centre located in Charlottetown.
Here, visitors are offered a wide package of entertainment, watching individual and team races on horses - on horseback or chariot, they have a chance to bet on their favourite horse and break all-in.
The centre includes an entire floor with a variety of slot machines, restaurants invite you to taste local dishes, and in the bars you can watch the races on the screens of large monitors in a friendly atmosphere and with a glass of beer.
How to choose the right casino
- Offer 1 – Choose a hotel that offers the casino tour. Sometimes the casino is on the territory of the hotel. Red Shores Racetrack offers the rooms as well.
- Offer 2 – If you like only the certain casino game, you need to do the research beforehand in PEI.
- Offer 3 – If you know which city you like to visit, you can see if there is a casino nearby.
Prince Edward Island holds 5 land-based casinos in which you'll find more than 240 slots and gaming machines. There are a total of 4 table games. Compared to other provinces, it is the smallest amount of games.
You can play just Poker, Texas Hold'em, Omaha.
Horse Tracks and Slots
Red Shores Racetrack & Casino at Charlottetown Driving Park can be counted to be the biggest offer on the Island. Here you can bet on the horses, play table games and slots. It counts to hold around 200 slot machines.
Responsible Gambling in PEI
The province offers the extensive Responsible Gambling program and help:
The PEI Gambling Support line is a toll-free and confidential resource available to players in need of support. The phone line (1-855-255-4255) is available to all Islanders 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
People will receive the following help:
- information about treatment options such as Addiction Services and self-help groups;
- immediate support, advice, and referral for yourself or a loved one;
- and ongoing support through follow up calls (if you consent to be contacted).
ComplaintPEI as a province has the most extensive contact list in case you need to file any complaint. The full list can be found here: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/information/contact-us
What to do in PEI?Here is the list of amazing places that you can visit except for the casinos in Prince Edward Island:
- Prince Edward Island National Park is located on the island of the same name in the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
- The Fox International Museum was founded in 1984 on the site of the historic Holman Estate.
- The Prince Edward Island Heritage Museum was established in 1996 as an organization that provides visitors to the region with the island's history and cultural heritage.
- The Harbourfront Theater opened in 1996 after more than a decade of citizens' initiative to create a multipurpose theater on Prince Edward Island
Interesting Facts about Prince Edward Island
- This part of the country was discovered in 1534 by the Breton navigator Jacques Cartier.
- Until 1997, the province was connected to mainland Canada by ferries. Then the Confederate Bridge was built, which connected Prince Edward Island to New Brunswick.
As of my knowledge cutoff date in September 2021, Prince Edward Island does not have any land-based casinos. The province is known for its picturesque landscapes and historic sites, but it does not have traditional brick-and-mortar casinos. Visitors seeking casino gaming may need to travel to neighboring provinces.
The legal gambling age in Prince Edward Island is 19 years old. This age restriction applies to participating in various forms of gambling, including lottery games and charitable gaming events.
There were no announced plans for the development of land-based casinos in Prince Edward Island as of September 2021. However, it's advisable to check with local authorities or conduct a more recent inquiry to see if there have been any updates or changes regarding casino development in the province.
Please help me get my funds back
MikeCollins You can always count on our support! If you have a...
Book of Elves 2
PaulJefferson Embark on a magical Christmas adventure with S...
JamesAllan Enter the festive world of Xmas Drop, a holida...
SonjaFlint Joining the world of online casinos becomes ev...