Casinos in Saskatchewan (SK)
Read the real players’ reviews about Casinos in SK, Canada. Write your own review, rate the casino, ask a question yourself and get an answer.
510 Broadway St W, Yorkton,
SK S3N 0P3, Canada
Phone: +1 306-786-6777
44 Marquis Rd W, Prince Albert,
SK S6V 7Y5, Canada
Phone: +1 306-764-4777
1401 North Service Rd E,
Swift Current, SK S9H 3X6, Canada
Phone: +1 306-778-5759
3910 41 St, Lloydminster,
SK S9V 2K8, Canada
Phone: +1 306-825-3777
204 Dakota Dunes Wy,
Whitecap, SK S7K 2L2, Canada
Phone: +1 306-667-6400
1880 Saskatchewan Dr, Regina,
SK S4P 0B2, Canada
Phone: +1 800-555-3189
21 Fairford St E, Moose Jaw,
SK S6H 0C8, Canada
Phone: +1 306-694-3888
White Bear First Nation, SK-9,
Carlyle, SK S0C 0R0, Canada
Phone: +1 306-577-4577
Is the Gambling Legal in Saskatchewan?
The Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (SLGA) controls the casinos offered by SaskGaming and First Nation (SIGA).
History of the gambling in SK
Saskatchewan has a great and long history in gambling industry, but this wasn’t developed that fast. The history of the industry dates to the 1970s.
In 1970, key changes were made to the Criminal Code in Canada, giving provinces the power to license and regulate gambling, thus Saskatchewan started to think about the law changes.
The first casino in Saskatchewan opened its physical doors to the players of the province in 1993. The Bear Claw Casino & Hotel continues to operate nowadays, following major renovations in 2010.
Based on the First Nations Gaming Act from 1995, the Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority was founded in 1996. It now operates seven casinos in the province.
How to choose the right casino
- Step 1 – We always recommend reading the players’ reviews about the casinos here on our site. All reviews are from real players who have had their own experiences.
- Step 2 – Remember that many casinos have the hotel attached to it already. You can check the photos, look for the best prices and book your room.
- Step 3 – You can check the best casinos according to the games that are available in the casinos. Some of the games can be missed from the list of available entertainment.
- Step 4 – Check the casino close to other entertainments in the region. This will provide you with opportunity to escape to the reality world quicker.
Casino Games in SK
Lotto Max Sask is the biggest one from different types of the lotteries. Its jackpot consists of C$50 million for correctly guessing all eight numbers. The home lottery is drawn every Tuesday. STARS also has regular editions with more than 1,800 prizes worth over C$4.2 million. Lotto 6/49 is popular for its estimated C$6 million jackpot.
You can play some classic games like Poker, Roulette and Baccarat as well as NL Texas Hold’em, Pot Limit Omaha, Limit Holdem, Omaha Hi-Lo, Tournaments, Spread Limit Omaha High, No Limit Holdem, Limit Dealer’s Choice, Omaha Hi, NL Holdem, No Limit Texas Hold’em.
Every casino has a great variety of slot machines that hold approximately 600 to 800 slots and games.
The residents of the province are definitely crazy about sports betting. Their most favourite sports to bet include soccer, hockey, football, curling, and lacrosse.
The Problem Gambling Help Line provides free and full assistance and support around the clock for every player facing some issues. It is available by phone at tel.: 1 800 306 6789, as well as by email and live chat at www.spgh.ca. You can learn more about the issue from our gambling problem guide.The help line provides the following services:
- short-term counselling;
- crisis intervention services;
- and referrals to regional health authority problem gambling counsellors and self-help groups.
What to do in Saskatchewan?What can you see in Saskatchewan when you need a break from the casinos? There are lots of places to visit:
- St. Paul's Cathedral was built by the first settlers before the Canadian city of Saskatoon existed as such. The modest building of the parish church was one of the very first buildings around which a large settlement grew over time.
- Lake Athabaska is located in western Canada at the top of the Mackenzie River system. The origin of the lake is glacial-tectonic.
- The University of Saskatchewan is the largest and most famous educational institution of the province of the same name.
- Grasslands National Park, located in the southwest of Saskatchewan in Canada. This is the only park in North America that was created with the aim of preserving the herb prairies.
Interesting Facts about Saskatchewan
- The word "Saskatchewan" comes from the word "Kisiskachevanisipe", which in the language of the Cree Indians means "fast, rushing river."
- Province motto: "By the power of many peoples".
- Lake Athabasca is 74% in Saskatchewan and 26% in Alberta.
What's wrong with an online casino licensed by Igaming Ontario?